About Rest for the Weary

I hope you will find this little spot a place of rest and refreshment for your soul. My intention is to build up women in the trenches of homeschooling. This includes veterans who are burned out and former homeschooling moms who have decided for one reason or another to put some or all of their children in school. Thanks for stopping by. Take a deep breath of refreshment for your weary soul.

Thursday, July 7, 2016

Whatever you choose, It's going to be OK

(Tis the season for making school choices.  I thought this might help you)

I just want to remind you, dear mother, that no matter which educational option you choose, it's going to be ok.  You are going to survive this bumpy journey of school change.  Sometimes the hardest part is actually making the decision.  Realize you may fall but just get back up and carry on.  Let the waves of doubt, fear, failure, pain, and disappointment wash over you.  You and your child(ren) will survive.  Change is difficult.  It feels stiff, like an uncomfortable new shoe. It must be trodden many times before it feels like a comfortable old friend.  But it will someday. 
Know you aren't a better or worse mom because of your decision.  Putting your child in school doesn't mean you are a failure any more than homeschooling them guarantees success.  Don't seek your value as a wife, mother, or woman in any school option. Goodness, holiness, and success as a mother comes from who you are not your school choices. Because you care.... No matter where life finds you, you care.  I can almost bet you have spent countless hours surfing the net, researching all possible answers and turned it over in your mind too many times to remember.  You care and you want a good situation for your child and family. Maybe you need to work to help support the family.  Some hope to improve their relationship with their child. Others want to opportunities they can't provide at home.  No matter your reasons, it will be fine.  You will make the school choice work. And if it doesn't work, it isn't set in stone.  It is pliable, changeable, and it may take some experimenting to find out which one fits. But you will survive. 

3 comments:

  1. After 22 years of homeschooling I've decided to put my two youngest in school. Two have graduated(fully homeschooled), and two are in high school (homeschooled till 7th grade). My youngest two are ages 9 and 6. The hardest part was making the decision. Now that it's made I'm trying to embrace it and look forward to the positive aspects of sending my children to school. Thank you for your post. It was just what I needed to read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your thoughts! I'm making the decision to send my son to a charter school after two years of struggling though homeschool. I felt scared at first, but now feeling peace and relief.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am in tears right now. I needed this so baldy. My name is Leah, I'm a mom of 5 children 11-2 and have been homeschooling 7 years and staying home 11yrs. I truly felt God called me to do this and have seen God work so many miracles. But i feel like i have nothing left to give. With the stress that comes with being with children non-stop and being responsible for their education I feel my health is deteriorating ( cant seem to handle the stress it brings). I'm only 30 years old and don't know how things can get better. I'm so confused as to what is the right choice. I love my children and so much about homeschooling and part of me feels like just being mommy will take away me teaching them. So silly i know. I don't know if God needs to change me or if i should quit. I know that my kids could still turn out ok going to public school but it is scary. I know noone can find the answer for me but please pray! I cant seem to get clarity in my heart or mind. Thank you,
    Leah

    ReplyDelete