About Rest for the Weary

I hope you will find this little spot a place of rest and refreshment for your soul. My intention is to build up women in the trenches of homeschooling. This includes veterans who are burned out and former homeschooling moms who have decided for one reason or another to put some or all of their children in school. Thanks for stopping by. Take a deep breath of refreshment for your weary soul.

Thursday, October 22, 2015

Word for 2015

This post may contain affiliate ads.  See bottom for full disclosure. 
I like to pick a word each year to be my main theme to work on.  Last year, I chose receive which proved to be more difficult than I imagined.  I didn’t always like what I received because I have too many preconceived ideas in my head on how life should look.  I still have a hard time with that control issue.  I want to run the show, be the one in the driver’s seat so to speak, but I am finding that receiving also requires releasing.  Releasing my expectations, my control, my desires so that I can receive what is meant for me.  “You have to let go of your ideal and find God’s ideal—then make that your reality.” (Ourbusyhomeschool.com) and “We must be willing to get rid of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us.” Joseph Campbell  This is what I am striving for, but it is so hard.  So my word this year, to go along with receive from last year is release.
drop-waterPublic domain

No comments:

Post a Comment