About Rest for the Weary

I hope you will find this little spot a place of rest and refreshment for your soul. My intention is to build up women in the trenches of homeschooling. This includes veterans who are burned out and former homeschooling moms who have decided for one reason or another to put some or all of their children in school. Thanks for stopping by. Take a deep breath of refreshment for your weary soul.

Sunday, October 5, 2014

31 Days of discovery writing challenge: Dancing by the campfire

I convinced my husband to build a fire after the kids were in bed so we could dance under the stars by the fire.  It was so romantic.  Money is tight right now so I am having to find cheap, simple, new things to do.  I do have a few adventures that will cost money, but I am relishing these simple ones that are so fine while being economical.  If you have never danced by a fire under the stars, give it a try.

3 comments:

  1. That's so sweet! I love it. Simple memories are often the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! I met my husband on a camping trip, we have fond memories of sitting around a campfire:-) I understand money being tight and I think it's fun to try to think outside the box and come up with dates. One of our dates is Sam's Club once a month. It's not romantic, but we have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun idea! I am always on the hunt for thrifty ways to make fun family memories, and I've never heard this one before. I love it!

    ReplyDelete