About Rest for the Weary

I hope you will find this little spot a place of rest and refreshment for your soul. My intention is to build up women in the trenches of homeschooling. This includes veterans who are burned out and former homeschooling moms who have decided for one reason or another to put some or all of their children in school. Thanks for stopping by. Take a deep breath of refreshment for your weary soul.

Monday, October 13, 2014

31 day writing challenge: tennis

My husband is a tennis coach which means he is an excellent tennis player.  When we were dating in college, he taught me to play while playing left handed.  I was no match for him even with him playing lefty.  We played off and on, just hitting the ball to each other, for fun over the years.  As more children came, we played less and less.  I hadn't hit a tennis ball in a year and a half and have never played a real game.  I decided it was time.  I took my high school sophomore (who plays on her school tennis team) to the courts and had her teach me how to keep score.  We played a real game, and I was slammed, but it was fun learning and was a great bonding time with my daughter.  I hope to find a friend more on  my level to play with, but now I know how to keep score!


1 comment:

  1. I've never played tennis but I've watched it occasionally. I looks like it could be fun to play.

    ReplyDelete