About Rest for the Weary

I hope you will find this little spot a place of rest and refreshment for your soul. My intention is to build up women in the trenches of homeschooling. This includes veterans who are burned out and former homeschooling moms who have decided for one reason or another to put some or all of their children in school. Thanks for stopping by. Take a deep breath of refreshment for your weary soul.

Saturday, October 25, 2014

31 day writing challenge: School mom stuff

I think I am finally a full-fledged school mom.  This past week, I have done several volunteer jobs at my children's school.  Tonight was the Fall festival, and it was such a different experience.  I was a bit overwhelmed because of the number of children, but overall it was a lot of fun.  I am used to a smaller homeschool gathering of 8-10 families, but now we attend a school with 350 kids.  I still feel a bit out of place since most of these families have been at this school together for many years.  I am sure I will begin to feel more comfortable the more time I spend helping out.


No comments:

Post a Comment