About Rest for the Weary

I hope you will find this little spot a place of rest and refreshment for your soul. My intention is to build up women in the trenches of homeschooling. This includes veterans who are burned out and former homeschooling moms who have decided for one reason or another to put some or all of their children in school. Thanks for stopping by. Take a deep breath of refreshment for your weary soul.

Thursday, October 16, 2014

31 day writing challenge: Lunch with friends

For most of my married life, I have had children at home because of being a stay-at-home-mom and homeschooling.  I did have play dates with friends and their children, and it was a great way to connect for that much needed adult conversation.  I haven't had friends over for anything (without my kids) so I decided to have my friends over for lunch.  I served tuna sandwiches, cucumber salad, and fresh blackberries.  For dessert, I made petits fours.  Although I have made those before, I had only done it once, and now I remember why.  They are a lot of work but super tasty. It was such a fun, relaxing time for us, and we were able to catch up with each other.  One of these friends still homeschools, and the other has put her children in the same school as some of mine.  I will be doing this again!


Petits fours

1 comment: