About Rest for the Weary

I hope you will find this little spot a place of rest and refreshment for your soul. My intention is to build up women in the trenches of homeschooling. This includes veterans who are burned out and former homeschooling moms who have decided for one reason or another to put some or all of their children in school. Thanks for stopping by. Take a deep breath of refreshment for your weary soul.

Friday, October 17, 2014

31 day writing challenge: Giving up Facebook

Lately, I have been feeling a lot of stress. Many things are going on in my life, and it has left my soul feeling less than peaceful.  One thing I noticed is how I felt after reading Facebook.  There is a lot of drama on there plus people like to post news stories, and lately there has been nothing in the news but fear.  So, my "new" for today was to give up facebook, except when my daughter sends me a message letting me know she put up pictures of my granddaughter.  That is the only thing I am enjoying on it. I am hoping this switch will bring me some needed relief.
Has anyone ever given up Facebook long term and if so, how did it impact you?

"f" Logo

3 comments:

  1. I gave Facebook up for Lent one year. It was refreshing, and I felt less tied to my devices. I can't give it up permanently because I have distant family that depends on baby pictures, but I'd like to try to limit it to just pictures of my kids and promoting my business. It's so hard to not look though when you open it up...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean about how hard it is not to look at other things. I wish you could filter it to certain items because I do enjoy pictures of my friends and families; I just don't like all of the news stories and teen drama.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am an introvert and just like you have shown on a previous post, we don't waste a lot of time on what drains us. I have never had a Facebook account! :) I love how you have illustrated introversion and what it looks like. I am thankful to have a little understanding now about why I am the way I am.

    ReplyDelete