About Rest for the Weary

I hope you will find this little spot a place of rest and refreshment for your soul. My intention is to build up women in the trenches of homeschooling. This includes veterans who are burned out and former homeschooling moms who have decided for one reason or another to put some or all of their children in school. Thanks for stopping by. Take a deep breath of refreshment for your weary soul.

Wednesday, October 8, 2014

31 day writing Challenge: crochet continued

I am continuing to practice new stitches.  My hands seem like two left feet; I can't seem to hold it well!  I thought I would leave you with a poem dealing with sewing in general with another meaning.


crochet cap




Sewn in Love


My soul unravels along the seam of life's journey.  
Darned by the master Tailor.
Stitches of my brokeness ripped from the fabric of my quilt.
Tangled and frayed, I try to follow;
letting myself be snipped of fear, shame, and pride.
My control is shredded,
and I realize my soul's utter nakedness.
Clothe me, O Lord, with You.
Hem the doubt, darn the judgment.
Gather Love in my heart.
Knit me with mercy. 
Goodbye old garment.
I am sew(n) in Love.


No comments:

Post a Comment