About Rest for the Weary

I hope you will find this little spot a place of rest and refreshment for your soul. My intention is to build up women in the trenches of homeschooling. This includes veterans who are burned out and former homeschooling moms who have decided for one reason or another to put some or all of their children in school. Thanks for stopping by. Take a deep breath of refreshment for your weary soul.

Friday, October 3, 2014

31 Day writing challenge: Chocolate pie

I love to cook and bake, but it has not been something I have done consistently the last few years due to the stress and depression in my life.  Now that I am not homeschooling, I am trying to make more homemade meals and baked goods for my family.  So, this month I will be trying out a few new recipes. 


I have always wanted to make a chocolate pie because I have a household full of chocolate lovers.  Not sure how that happened since I don’t like the stuff.  I know, poor me.  But, anyways, my mom made a chocolate pie each October for my dad’s birthday because it was his favorite pie.  She only made one then because she said they were a lot of work.  I never helped her but was always intrigued since she said it was difficult and it always turned out lovely.  Since my dad passed away October 6, 2013 and his birthday is coming up, I decided to make one.  I think he would have been proud.  It turned out amazingly well and it was devoured quite quickly by my crew so I know it was a hit.  Making this pie really hit home to me how much cooking is an art---just another form of expressing yourself. 


1 comment:

  1. Your pie looks delicious, sounds like it was a hit! I bet you made your Dad proud! :) such a great way to celebrate him!

    ReplyDelete