About Rest for the Weary

I hope you will find this little spot a place of rest and refreshment for your soul. My intention is to build up women in the trenches of homeschooling. This includes veterans who are burned out and former homeschooling moms who have decided for one reason or another to put some or all of their children in school. Thanks for stopping by. Take a deep breath of refreshment for your weary soul.

Thursday, August 21, 2014

A Year of Rest: School has started

All of my little cheeps went off to school Monday morning, and I was left all alone with just myself and my thoughts.  Four days in and everyone seems fine.  What have I done?  Mostly wasted a lot of time on the frivolous.  Yes, I've tended my duties, but I have done a lot of reading, writing, crafts, resting, and playing Skipbo on my kindle fire.  I feel rather guilty for indulging in frivolity, but it has been so long since I have done that, I am trying to be easy on myself.

I decided it might be a good idea to journal what I do each day and record my thoughts and feelings about this monumental  change. I think it will help me when that uninvited friend doubt intrudes my thoughts.  It will serve as a reminder of why I am doing this and that it is indeed God's will.   I'm calling it 'my year of rest' because that is what I am doing.  I am being the wife and mother of my family and in those other times, I am resting and restoring my body and soul. I am excited about this path God is leading me on and no doubt you will be hearing a lot from me as I walk this road.




I hope if you are on this same journey as I am that you will stop by often and share your joys and struggles.  My prayer for all of us is to be the mother's God created us to be wherever our children attend school.  

No comments:

Post a Comment