About Rest for the Weary

I hope you will find this little spot a place of rest and refreshment for your soul. My intention is to build up women in the trenches of homeschooling. This includes veterans who are burned out and former homeschooling moms who have decided for one reason or another to put some or all of their children in school. Thanks for stopping by. Take a deep breath of refreshment for your weary soul.

Thursday, February 27, 2014

The path we are to follow

"It is lesson we all need--to let alone the things that do not concern us.  He has other ways for others to follow Him; all do not go by the same path.  It is for each of us to learn the path by which He requires us to follow Him, and to follow Him in that path."  St. Katherine Drexel. 

Preview

The above quote is on my planner page for the week.  I have read it before and as always am deeply touched by the wisdom in it.  Homeschooling used to be my path.  It still is for one child but not for the others.  In the past, when I was struggling with the decision to continue down the homeschool path, I kept feeling a nudge to try the other way, but I was scared.  I liked the familiar, worn trail of homeschooling.  But God slowly showed me that this path is not the one for me right now.  He has opened up other routes (of private school) for most of my children, and the course I am on with my youngest will meander down the homeschool trail for now but will eventually merge with the brick and mortar school path up ahead at some point.  We don't all have to follow the homeschool means to be good moms.  I feel a bit lost and uncertain on my new journey, but I have the best navigator to show me the way.  I don't need to be concerned with the journey others are on and second guess mine. I just must discover mine and follow it to the best of my abilities. 

Is God leading you down a new path?  If so, are you feeling a bit lost and afraid?  Please share your feelings. 

2 comments:

  1. I love your new posts! It's such a personal decision. We've decided to put our son in public school this fall. What I know is that I am open to anything-- him doing VERY well or him needing to be h. schooled, but our family decided this path and we felt peace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stephanie,

    I am glad you feel peace about it.

    ReplyDelete