About Rest for the Weary

I hope you will find this little spot a place of rest and refreshment for your soul. My intention is to build up women in the trenches of homeschooling. This includes veterans who are burned out and former homeschooling moms who have decided for one reason or another to put some or all of their children in school. Thanks for stopping by. Take a deep breath of refreshment for your weary soul.

Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Am I against homeschooling?

It may seem at times, I am against homeschooling.  I want to assure my readers I am not.  My homeschool journey has led me through many valleys and up steep, winding mountains.  There has been plenty of joy intertwined with the pain.  I have been humbled and learned much in the 18 years I have been at this.  At 25, I thought I knew everything.  Now, I realize that I don't always have the answers, and that life can take us on many different paths that we never intended on taking.  I have learned there is not one right way to educate children, and that one's holiness is not marked by any form of education.  I know that God is big enough to handle anything and that He will care for my children no matter where they spend the majority of their days. 


So, for now, homeschooling is only a good fit for one child in my family because she has dyslexia while private school is the best match for the other 4. Three of those four, do better answering to someone else, and the fourth child just wants to be at school.  And I am ok with that.  But I am still a homeschool supporter if that is what is best for mom, child, and the entire family. 
The way you educate your child is a very personal decision and not one to be taken lightly.  I just want this place to be one of encouragement if you find that you are not able to homeschool.  Moms can be so tough on themselves, and I want you to know that you are still a good mother if you choose something besides homeschooling. 


Notes From a Blue Bike Blog Tour

No comments:

Post a Comment