About Rest for the Weary

I hope you will find this little spot a place of rest and refreshment for your soul. My intention is to build up women in the trenches of homeschooling. This includes veterans who are burned out and former homeschooling moms who have decided for one reason or another to put some or all of their children in school. Thanks for stopping by. Take a deep breath of refreshment for your weary soul.

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Update on kids in school

So, we are almost 3 weeks into the new school semester for my two that started school after homeschooling.  I thought I would post a little update. 



They are both enjoying it so far, and I am relishing the quiet, rest, and relaxation.  It is so peaceful not to fight with them over doing their school work or else.  They both are motivated to do their homework (they fear getting in trouble at school), and they have been good about getting out their uniforms the night before. 

My 5th grade son is having a bit of trouble getting his papers organized, and he has lost a few things which have been a bit frustrating for him, but he is learning important skills in those very frustrations. 

They have already had so many fun opportunities that I could not provide them at home like a science fair and talent show so far. Upcoming fieldtrips and parties are on the list of things to come that they are looking forward to. 

In the coming weeks, I will be posting a series on common misunderstandings that homeschoolers have about school.  If you have any suggestions, please feel free to email me.  (see sidebar)

No comments:

Post a Comment