About Rest for the Weary

I hope you will find this little spot a place of rest and refreshment for your soul. My intention is to build up women in the trenches of homeschooling. This includes veterans who are burned out and former homeschooling moms who have decided for one reason or another to put some or all of their children in school. Thanks for stopping by. Take a deep breath of refreshment for your weary soul.

Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Tuesday's unwrapped: Discovering peace and trust


     Today I woke to what appeared to be another ordinary day except that there wasn’t the heaviness in my heart that has been there the past few weeks.  It felt light, free in a sense, and I began my day with praise; praise at finally making a decisive call to send 2 of our 3 homeschooled  children to school after Christmas break.  We had been praying and discerning for a long while and wondering where the money would come from.  (they will be attending a private school) And I didn’t feel peace until he said it.  I think they need to go to school because I am worried about you.”  It is amazing how one can feel once a monumental decision has been made—relief, peace, and yes, a bit of fear of the unknown mixed in.  But an overwhelming sense of peace and thankfulness. 

     So during my time with the Lord today, I pondered the cyclical nature of the seasons both the natural and the supernatural.  Thanksgiving is just being swept under the rug and Christmas lies ahead like a blanket of snow waiting to be plunged into and tossed around. 
First Snow
 
 
What lies ahead for us, I whisper to Him.  The little what ifs try to sneak into my ears, but quickly He reminds me who He is.  The unknown yet to be discovered is a part of the mystery like Christmas.  And I, like Mary, can ponder these things (and hopefully more supernatural ones) in my heart during this advent season.  I can also trust like Mary did as well.  She had to have enormous faith to go along with this whole plan, not knowing what was coming and dealing with all of the whispered gossip behind her back.  She rode on a donkey, large with child, in the freezing cold, and gave birth in a smelly barn.   And she trusted.  So I will try to trust and believe in something greater than I. 

     I thank the Lord for such a simple yet so profound message in this wonderful, ordinary Tuesday.  Please hop on over the Emily’s at Chatting at the Sky to read more Tuesday’s unwrapped and discover the beauty others are discovering.



4 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this! I, too, know the relief once a decision is finally made. May you relish this peace, and trust God for the next steps. That's right where I am at too, wondering about next steps. Visiting from right behind you at Emily's. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I have been there. I am thankful that the last two years the Lord provided me a much needed break and we put the kids in a good Christian school nearby. God paid the bill. Both years. It took me two years to get through the depression and back on track. This year we are back to homeschooling and it is going well. So I understand that relief and lifted weight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing this. You are so brave to make such a hard decision for you and your family. We can only take one step at a time, and it is comforting to know that God is holding our hand along the way. May you be blessed with peaceful Advent season.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That first breath of surrender after a hard fought battle is the sweetest, right? Such lovely words.

    ReplyDelete