About Rest for the Weary

I hope you will find this little spot a place of rest and refreshment for your soul. My intention is to build up women in the trenches of homeschooling. This includes veterans who are burned out and former homeschooling moms who have decided for one reason or another to put some or all of their children in school. Thanks for stopping by. Take a deep breath of refreshment for your weary soul.

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

My word for 2014

Many people love to choose a word for the year, a way to narrow the focus of goals.  Over the last several years, I have chosen joy, balance, and trust.  While I continue to need to work on those (daily!), I finally have settled on receive.  I was hesitant at first to choose such a passive word.  Being my addicted to productivity self, it just didn't seem important enough.  It is not really something for me to actively do.  And I'm a doer, a fixer, a controller, a ....fill in the blank.   I really believe God is asking me to rest, be still more, and receive.   Receive His Love, His Grace, His Mercy, His Healing.
I'm not sure this will be an easy word to keep.  I will have to stop myself more and notice the little things and not do so much.  That is going to be hard, but His grace is sufficient.







What is your word for 2014?

1 comment:

  1. That is not going to be easy but it is going to be so worthwhile! Praying that your new year is abundantly blessed.

    ReplyDelete