As homeschooling moms, we know it is a full time job in addition to all of our other homemaking duties. I often wonder what our worth is in money. As a way to prevent burnout, I began paying myself because I am clocking in full-time hours (and then some) by homeschooling my children. There are several ways I have done this:
* Commit to a date night with husband monthly
* Take a half day retreat (or day if I can manage) once a month
* Take an overnight trip yearly
* frequently buy myself something I want--make-up, clothes, new book
* allow myself to use paper plates frequently
* bring take out home when I am tired.
There are many more wonderful ideas on things you could do. You may have tweak things depending on your family and what your budget allows, but try to be creative. Swap babysitting with another homeschool friend or have a homeschool teen over to watch the little ones while you do something for yourself. Get creative!
What are you doing to "pay" yourself for your homeschool work?
About Rest for the Weary
I hope you will find this little spot a place of rest and refreshment for your soul. My intention is to build up women in the trenches of homeschooling. This includes veterans who are burned out and former homeschooling moms who have decided for one reason or another to put some or all of their children in school. Thanks for stopping by. Take a deep breath of refreshment for your weary soul.