About Rest for the Weary

I hope you will find this little spot a place of rest and refreshment for your soul. My intention is to build up women in the trenches of homeschooling. This includes veterans who are burned out and former homeschooling moms who have decided for one reason or another to put some or all of their children in school. Thanks for stopping by. Take a deep breath of refreshment for your weary soul.

Monday, December 24, 2012

Your worth

Where do we find our worth?  I have been pondering this a lot lately.  When I put my children in school last year, I felt worthless.  I felt like I was no longer needed and thus not worthy.  Being "just a mom" didn't seem like enough, as if homeschooling is what made me holy.  My identity is wrapped up in homeschooling and motherhood.  That isn't always a bad thing, but when part of that was taken away, I felt worthless.  Yes, it was a major "career change" and felt like my right arm had been cut off, but I let it bring me down.  I need to find my worth in God.  I have always had in my mind the perfect little plan of how my life would play out.  I wrote the script long ago, but someone stole it and rewrote the script.  Um, that someone is the great I AM.  I didn't plan for depression and anxiety, miscarriages, a bipolar son.  I need to rest in knowing I am needed by my family in whatever capacity that takes.  I ran across this quote recently (sorry I can't source it-I lost that), and it is worth posting. 
"You have to let go of your ideal and find God's ideal---then make that your reality." I am really meditating on that. 

1 comment:

  1. I love your posts! I am some what the opposite. I came to the parenting party late I still identify strongly with working/career. P.S. My blog has moved from Forgiven to www.stephaniehoffpauir.com

    ReplyDelete