About Rest for the Weary

I hope you will find this little spot a place of rest and refreshment for your soul. My intention is to build up women in the trenches of homeschooling. This includes veterans who are burned out and former homeschooling moms who have decided for one reason or another to put some or all of their children in school. Thanks for stopping by. Take a deep breath of refreshment for your weary soul.

Monday, January 3, 2011

Joy

My word for 2011 is JOY!  I have not been a joyful mommy for many years.  Due to my anxiety and depression, I was very grumpy, irritable, and impatient most of the time.  I wanted so much to be joyful and have fun with my kids, but I could never do it.  I was constantly tired and with depression and anxiety I could not cope with everything.  Now that I have the depression and anxiety under control, I am trying to be that mother I have always wanted to be.  We are having a lot more fun around here, and I try to say yes as much as possible.  I am more soft spoken and calm.  I hope I can contiune this.  We so need it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment